Tuesday, June 24, 2008

JIMINY! Big mutha liar...

...meanwhile...Pinocchio's at the Batcave...

...I have been so busy doing nothing that my brain is about to implode from all the inactivity. Which is a lie. Which is not a lie that I lie...in fact...I have realized that as of recently, I've begun lying a lot! Not about important things like how much vodka I put into the chocolate cake or how much goat's cheese it takes to make me into a better person. But about trivial things like telling my friends that I left Tokyo a week earlier than I actually did while simultaneously telling other friends that I'd arrive back in Melbourne a week after I actually arrived just so I could have 2 weeks of freetime to myself. Is that bad? ...yeah...it's pretty bad isn't it. I apologize to any victims of that lie that might be reading this now...I feel bad that I did what I did. SEE?!?! There I go, lying again! I don't feel bad at all!!

So what have I been doing for the past couple of weeks you ask? (by "you" I mean Lori of course...) I've been baking my brains out and cooking like a crazy person. It feels so good to be back in a kitchen that's...well...a kitchen! None of that one-stove-no-bench-space-shoebox-poor-excuse-for-a-kitchen nonsense I had back in my apartment in Tokyo. I'm talking a real man's kitchen. A big, butch, 7 square meter kitchen. Complete with 6 manly burners and an even manlier man-oven to bake all my manly fairy-cupcakes in. My father is loving the 4 cooked meals a day with unlimited supply of baked goods. However...I swear my mother is going to unhinge if she sees another cupcake or muffin again. I'll admit...baking a couple dozen cupcakes and muffins a day is seemingly excessive. But the therapy of doing so is priceless.

...anyway...time to try out my new idea for butterscotch French toast with raspberry vanilla compote.

T.


PS: Didn't I promise in the last post that future posts will be shorter? HA! I lied again...SUCKERS!!!

No comments: