Thursday, June 19, 2008

...thus far Big Mutha Poster

Despite several past blogs, I have been coaxed into starting this blog. I spend most of my time perched in front of the computer so why not. What's another blog? Pffffttt...

So here's the story thus far...

I quit my job in Tokyo and decided to move back home. Home? Where's home? Home is where the heart is. ;) (well...home is where my full sized kitchen with a full sized oven is) After stressing myself out for 3 weeks trying to pack my stuff and ship it and organizing everything and catching up with everyone...

II PAUSE II
Well...almost everyone - I missed a couple of people. Ok ok...I missed a LOT of people. It's really difficult to catch up with everyone when there's so many people and so little time. I apologize to those of you I didn't get to catch up with and those of you that I forgot to even inform that I was leaving Tokyo! HA! ごめんね! And a big apology (and regret) to Cat: I really wished we had one last chance to go shopping at Gucci and pop into the cafe on the top floor for one of their awesome desserts...next time I'm in Tokyo we're going on a spree!
> PLAY >

So after 3 weeks of drinking....errr....packing, I decided to have a little drama play out at Narita airport. Only because I was bored. Honest! So of course, in keeping with tradition, I had to travel with slightly heavy bags. Those who know me, know what I'm talking about. Despite shipping over 3 cubic meters of stuff back home (1 cubic meter of which was just my shoes - and no furniture was involved at all in the shipping) I still managed to have overweight luggage at the airport. I swear to Tom Ford that I only had a 15kg bag when I weighed it a week before leaving. So somehow I managed to accumulate extra stuff within that week. I ended up with a total of 65kg of luggage when I got to Narita. 25kg of which was to be concealed as my hand luggage. (To those haters out there, I weigh much less than the fatass sitting next to me so I should be allowed a little extra weight!) After bitch slapping the check-in staff and being spanked in the ass a bit, we came to a Switzerland. They would let me through with 30kg at no extra charge if I can manage to send 10kg by post. So after a bit more spanking and bitch slapping (because it's fun), that's what we did.

Now all I had to do was pretend that 25kg of onboard luggage was really only 7kg. Easy!

>> FAST FORWARD >>
So now I'm having a bit of a holiday (much deserved!), and that's that for now.

I promise that future posts will not be so long winded.

T.

1 comment: